Автор Тема: TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)  (Прочитано 11036 пати)

Отсутен LosiPatista

• Легенда
  • Пораки: 12136
  • Duh sa TDI-jom
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
« на: 09 Октомври 2013, 07:49:41 am »
Why Do You Need A Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

Many vehicles—trucks, RVs, fifth wheels, motorcycles, commercial equipment—have significantly under-inflated tires, primarily because drivers have very few visual cues to check their vehicles' tire pressure until the pressure is very low. All tires lose air pressure due to natural leakage and seasonal climatic changes. Driving with under-inflated tires could increase your risks. The primary dangers and consequences of under-inflated tires are:

Reduced Vehicle Safety
Tire Failures
Increased Stopping Distance
Reduced Tread Life
Reduced Fuel Economy

What Is A Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

Tire pressure monitoring systems are of two styles: direct and indirect. Both give indications of when a tire is underinflated but they go about it in two very different ways.

Indirect Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Indirect tire pressure monitoring systems, such as the ones in most new automobiles. do not measure tire pressure. They monitor individual wheel speeds and other signals available in the vehicle then compare tire rotations—an under-inflated tire has a slightly smaller diameter than a correctly inflated tire and therefore rotates more times to cover a specific distance. These "tire pressure monitoring systems" rely on the factory setting the system initially for the correct tire pressure and the user resetting the system by pushing a "Calibration Button" when the tires are changed or re-inflated—failing to perform the initialization or reset leads to potentially dangerous false or missing alerts. If the Calibration Reset Button is pressed when one or more tires are under-inflated then the system accepts this under-inflation as normal and the driver will be unaware of potentially dangerous tire pressures.

Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Truck Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS), such as the Doran 360™ series of tire pressure monitors, use pressure sensors located on each wheel's valve stems to directly measure the pressure in each tire. These sensors broadcast pressure data via a wireless radio frequency transmitter to a central receiver. The data is analyzed and the results sent to a display mounted inside the vehicle.

Since a direct tire pressure monitoring system actually measures the pressure in each tire, it is able to detect when any tire or when each tire in any combination is under-inflated, including when all four of the vehicle's tires are equally under-inflated. A direct TPMS can also detect small pressure losses. Some systems can detect a drop in pressure as small as 1 psi.

The Doran 360™ Series Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System

RVT Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor
A Doran 360™ series tire pressure monitoring system is a compact system that delivers powerful results and protection. The Sensors are continually reading pressure and sending signals to the monitor about the air pressure in each tire around the clock. Each tire pressure monitoring system from the Doran tire pressure monitor product line consists of two basic components:

Component 1: Sensor
The Sensors apply internally or on top of valve stems as endcaps (1.01"H x 1.11" Diam.) They wirelessly send a signal containing tire pressure data to the portable dashboard monitor.

Component 2: Monitor
Morotcycle Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
This device, about the size of a dollar bill (6.5" W x 3.0" H x .5" D), that receives actual tire pressure data and gives visual and audible signals if pressure is low.

The monitor receives this signal from the sensors and instantly compares the current tire pressure reading with the automatically set pressure level. The Doran tire pressure monitor sensors send a signal to the monitor detecting a 12.5% drop in tire pressure, both a visual and an audible signal are transmitted. If the tire pressure drops to 25% below the automatically set pressure level, the operator will receive a rapid audible 'beeping' sound and a faster visual 'flashing' on the monitor.

Did You Know?

20% under-inflation can reduce tire life by 30%
20% under-inflation can increase tire wear by 25%
20% under-inflation can reduce fuel economy by 3%
36% of passenger cars have one tire 20% under-inflated
85%-90% of tire failures are directly attributable to under-inflation

http://www.doranmfg.com/tirepressuremonitorproducts.htm
« Последно менување: 23 Октомври 2013, 19:52:18 pm zeroSignal »

Torsion Beam - The Only Axle You Will Ever Need

Отсутен Cuore Sportivo

• Легенда
  • Пораки: 17675
  • Alfa155 & AlfaGT
Одг: TMPS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
« Одговори #1 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 07:53:18 am »
Пре ова би инсталирал него ли сензори за рикверц..

Отсутен LosiPatista

• Легенда
  • Duh sa TDI-jom
« Одговори #2 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 07:59:43 am »
Ова е премногу важно и секоја кола треба да го има. Сензорите за рикверц се многу евтини во денешно време, и вреди да се инсталираат. Еве една понуда за ТМПС
http://www.amazon.com/Tyredog-Wireless-Pressure-Monitor-System/dp/B0038P59UU#productDetails

Отсутен Tommy

• Сениор
  • Пораки: 6946
« Одговори #3 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 08:30:45 am »
корисна работа, дојде во пакет со опремата кај Голфот...

Отсутен LosiPatista

• Легенда
  • Duh sa TDI-jom
« Одговори #4 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 08:38:19 am »
Review - Orange TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)

Given that I've been on a couple of track days, and I was a stickler for checking my tire pressures manually at the petrol station every week.

(picture stolen off the internet (google image search - sorry, i didnt take photos of my unit, but everything looks the same.)

I decided to install a TPMS (Ala Tyre pressure monitoring system) to my ride. Being a "gadget" person, I thought it was going to be useful since my Z4 didn't come with native tyre pressure monitoring systems as present in the new 3 E90 series coupes, or cars equipped with the latest iDrive systems, even then, those lacked pertinent information on the specific tyre info (psi / temp).

The TPMS system I installed is from this company called Orange, a company which is based in taiwan and specializes in designing OEM TPMS systems.

That said, you can check out their website here which gives a lot more tech breakdown into the product ( http://www.orange-electronic.com/eng/03tpms/tpms01.php )

So.. what's so useful about a TPMS?

The TPMS serves a few basic functions. In fact, just 2 in my personal opinion.

1. To tell you whether you're running optimal pressures for your car. (which can improve fuel economy, mileage, etc)
2. Tell you whether your tyres are in an abnormal status (i.e. punctured/flat etc).

In all basic detail, the TPMS works by having valves and sensors being installed into your rims. You require a competent tyre shop to be able to install and fit on the sensors properly so they correlate to the position as listed on the display. Leong Seng has had experience with such TPMS installs and had my car fixed up in a short period of time (around 45 mins).

Installation of sensor/valve at Leong Seng

System was plugged in and in about 5 seconds, data is transmitted to the display unit. How very exciting.

Well, that's the point, there's nothing exciting about this product, however it did serve a few interesting nibbits of information apart from showing the difference between cold and "warm" modes (which range around 5 PSI difference).

I've set my tyre pressures to:

30 PSI FRONT TYRES
33 PSI REAR TYRES

(Tires running warm - after about 15 minutes of driving - shows 2 PSI increase from 30/33 "cold" tyres)

So what makes the system worth all the money?

Reason 1. I don't have to check manually at the petrol station to see whether my tires are exactly at the pressures that I want them to be. I used to keep checking them every 1-2 weeks, now I just give a quick peer to the side of my steering wheel and all the information is there. Sweet.

No more bending down, twisting and closing valves, sticking the pressure gauge and feeling uncomfortable next to the hot engine and brakes.

Reason 2. Not all punctures are created equal. Some are quick and fast, deflating your tyre within a few minutes or overnight (normally this would constitute a major puncture tear). Others are more sublime, taking many days, even weeks to deflate your tyre by a major measurement of PSI. Often it's almost quite impossible to see it (because your tyre isn't flat), quite impossible to feel it (unless you have a very sensitive bottom).

And, if you think you have a nail somewhere, you have to second guess by filling/equalising both of your rear or front tyres and seeing whether it deflates (in a couple of days/weeks). Good luck if you didn't note it down as well.

As for me, the true reason for me to prep this review is because....... I was planning on a trip to some part of Msia over the next weekend, when my TPMS notified me of a 3 PSI difference in my rear left tyre just THIS MORNING. That's a real sudden drop, especially when all tyres have been maintaining their difference without any form of PSI deviation (nothing more than 2 PSI difference).

Uh...crap. Not another nail. (Clearly shows 3 PSI difference in rear left tyre) (Update - there was indeed a nail. Glad to have that patched up!!)

So right now, I highly suspect there's a nail which is slowly taking off air (and i'll be arranging for a check and patch with my tyre shop before i head up north). Phew.

At least right now I don't have to second guess.

The $280 product cost definitely beats me driving at high speed, not knowing that I'm doing it with a nail embedded inside (and possibly causing more harm), and having the tyre deflate itself while I'm in Malaysia when workshops are not open. Can I say.. peace of mind and heart?

On bumpy roads/textured roads which I go through sometimes on the highway up in Msia (in the last 2 weeks), and when i hear a weird rubbing sound etc, I can instantly check to see whether my tyres have been compromised by any sort of debris or puncture, without having to stop the car and check it while I'm on the expressway. On a more paranoid front, if someone tries to fool me to stop my car by gesturing to me that my tyres had something wrong (which happened ONCE in SINGAPORE), that wouldn't be a problem any longer.

I have installed the system for over 3 weeks and so far, it has worked perfectly without issues, and has performed even on long drives. I haven't tested this on track yet, however that will come later. (will post another update to this). Will be hardwiring this to the car as well.

If you're interested in getting this system, you can call up Juzz For Cars (http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/juzz-ca...ange-tpms.html) and tell them you're from BMW.SG. This was a helpful/crucial system for me, and it could be for you too, especially if you head up north pretty often.

It looks pretty and nothing too out of place too. Hope this has been useful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/suspension-brake-tyres-rims-section/30789-review-orange-tpms-tyre-pressure-monitoring-system.html

Отсутен zeroSignal

• FEARLESS LEADER
  • Генерал Прва Класа
  • Легенда
  • Пораки: 29061
    • CARclub.mk
« Одговори #5 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 08:49:56 am »
Апсолутно се слагам со корисноста на системот.

Единствено малку ми е безвезе една работа - „давачите“ што се во ѕиваните користат некаква батерија. Што кога таа батерија ќе се потроши? Треба да извадам/растурам цело тркало за да ја сменам, и после пак да се заебавам со балансирање, итн?

Отсутен LosiPatista

• Легенда
  • Duh sa TDI-jom
« Одговори #6 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 08:55:08 am »
Конкретно за моделот од ревјуто:

Цитат
Ryan,
do you know how long the battery will last on the gadget?

Found the answer on their website.
Claimed to last more than 7 years under normal condition........

Но тоа изгледа е за дисплејот, давачите најверојатно треба да се сменат, односно цел вентил да се промени.

Отсутен Simo - Carrier159

• Легенда
  • Пораки: 43343
  • Il Moderatore
« Одговори #7 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 10:07:37 am »
Апсолутно се слагам со корисноста на системот.

Единствено малку ми е безвезе една работа - „давачите“ што се во ѕиваните користат некаква батерија. Што кога таа батерија ќе се потроши? Треба да извадам/растурам цело тркало за да ја сменам, и после пак да се заебавам со балансирање, итн?

Кај тебе и кај Томи на голфоите има индиектен систем преку АБС системот. Тоа е одлична работа. Али кога ќе снема батерија, да, ќе се ебаам - пошто фрлив месец дена стара гума со вредност од 191 евро (не рачунајки ги попустите).

Auto ko i svaka Alfa automatski nevalja. Da je najbolji auto na svijetu - opet nevalja jer je Alfa.
Da Alfa nevalja će ti potvrdit SVI koji nikad nisu vozili istu. Jer da valja onda bi je vozili. A kako nisu - nevalja.

Отсутен LosiPatista

• Легенда
  • Duh sa TDI-jom
« Одговори #8 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 10:50:23 am »
Далеку од одлична работа. Тоа ти е ко електронски LSD. Полурешение, кое понекогаш ќе работи.

Отсутен zeroSignal

• FEARLESS LEADER
  • Генерал Прва Класа
  • Легенда
    • CARclub.mk
« Одговори #9 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 11:40:27 am »
Мојот Голф нема Tyre Pre-Menstrual Syndrome.

• Легенда
  • Il Moderatore
« Одговори #10 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 11:43:59 am »
Hm, Ya shr? Да де, знам дека е глупо да прашам, ама пошто мислев дека стадндардно иде во таа опрема... Имаш вакво копченце во ладица? :

Auto ko i svaka Alfa automatski nevalja. Da je najbolji auto na svijetu - opet nevalja jer je Alfa.
Da Alfa nevalja će ti potvrdit SVI koji nikad nisu vozili istu. Jer da valja onda bi je vozili. A kako nisu - nevalja.

Отсутен zeroSignal

• FEARLESS LEADER
  • Генерал Прва Класа
  • Легенда
    • CARclub.mk
« Одговори #11 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 11:52:35 am »
На Голф 6 е пред мењачот, и немам.

Пошто Хајлајн нели, од Порше.

• Легенда
  • Il Moderatore
« Одговори #12 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 11:55:58 am »
Кај тетин ми е во фиока, не пред менјачот, баш на ова место. Wanna pic? :)

Отсутен zeroSignal

• FEARLESS LEADER
  • Генерал Прва Класа
  • Легенда
    • CARclub.mk
« Одговори #13 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 11:57:38 am »
Хм.. Ти верувам. Али кај мене нема. :)

Отсутен JAck-S

• Јуниор
  • Пораки: 62
« Одговори #14 на: 09 Октомври 2013, 12:35:44 pm »
Еве ви екстра ефтина опција, а подоле на сајтот го има и истиот мислам Тајр дог за поефтино од амазон, сепак и амазон од тука ти ги праќа. Мислам дека се со комплет со поштарина

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?shipCountry=mk&shipCompanies=&SearchText=Tire+Pressure+Monitor&exception=&isFreeShip=y&CatId=0&g=y&initiative_id=SB_20131009023100&isPremium=y&needQuery=n